Wednesday, April 22, 2009

27 Weeks

We had an ultrasound last Thursday and the babies have grown so much. Baby A (Emma) is 1lb 15oz, Baby B (Noah) is 2lb 2oz and Baby C (Carter) is 2lb 3oz. Dr. Adam said several times we just could not ask for more at this point with all of the challenges we have been faced with to have them growing as well as they are and with my body actually cooperating and not trying to go into labor we are as in good a shape as we can expect. Since we are finishing up our 27th week I am finally letting myself get excited about meeting them! Since we have been in such a crucial stage the past few weeks and it was not 100% we would take them all home if we had them before 28 weeks I just could not let my guard down but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I know God is going to let me have all three of them now. 

I am on 32nd day of bed rest and I do want to get out of bed so badly. I miss so many things but even the little daily things would be nice to do again...take a shower, go to the bathroom on a toilet, sit up, feel fresh air and see what is going on below my belly button! It is a daily challenge mentally to stay focused on the big picture of growing healthy babies when your back is throbbing, you are being poked and prodded by nurses every 2 hours and you have not seen anything more than the hospital room you are laying in for more than a month. 

What keeps me going is when I feel all three of them kick and move around and I remember I am not in this alone. I want them to have a great start at life and not spend the first few months hooked up to IV's and monitors so I know the longer I lay here the healthier start at life they will have. It is amazing how much you can love something you have never seen or met I can't imagine what it will feel  like when I actually get to hold them!

No comments:

Post a Comment