Saturday, May 16, 2009

30 Weeks!

Well we have come a long way and we honestly never thought we would be able to get this far 2 months ago. We feel so lucky and blessed that we have reached this huge milestone. Dr. Adam did an ultrasound on Thursday and the babies each gained 2 ounces each so Emma is 3.0lbs, Noah is 3lbs 5 ounces and Carter is 3 lbs 6 ounces. They all look great and are still in the 40-47th percentile of singletons for their weight so she was still very happy with what she saw. She has scheduled us for June 11th for a C-Section unless I go sooner obviously but at least we have a date set! She also told me May 24th she is going to let me get out of bed and start using the restroom. She will have physical therapy come in and work with me and she wants me to start getting my strength back so I am so excited about being able to move around a little bit. I have been confined to this hospital bed for a total of  57 days so far and when I am able to get up I will have been in bed for 65 days! I am really starting to feel the effects of complete bed rest my hips are very soar and my back I don't think will ever be the same. I have lost so much muscle tone on my arms and legs I am so nervous to get up and move around I have no idea what it is going to feel like. I am so ready to go home I am tired of everything that has to do with this hospital. I want to eat home cooked meals, sleep in a regular bed, play with my dogs, take a shower and get rid of this IV I have had for 6 weeks! I can't believe I will be here for another 4 weeks it just seems unbearable. I am emotionally drained and have no idea how I am going to make it. I am trying to take it one day at a time but when I look at the calender it just seems so far away. My heart wants to stay here until June 11th so I give these babies the best chance possible but every other part of my body wants to get up and go home. I pray God gives me the strength to get through this last month I know I can't do it on my own. 

1 comment:

  1. good for you! you are doing great!! i'm so happy the babies are growing so well. and you finally have an definite end date...that is awesome! i know you are so emotionally & physically drained right now and june 11th seems yrs away, but you CAN do this! i have several friends who have been on complete bedrest in the hospital and they tell me you feel like you are going crazy b/c you are so isolated and have no control. just keep reminding yourself that after june 11th you will never have to be in that room again! you are already a terrific mom and these little ones are lucky to have you! hang in there..you've made it 57 days, 57! that is a lot!! you have less than half of the time to go. you should be so proud of yourself! you and your little crew continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete