Thursday, May 21, 2009

31 Weeks!

We have made it to 31 weeks and still going strong. The babies are doing really well and they are still moving around a lot and like to kick and push especially during the daily monitoring. We will not have another ultrasound until next week but I can tell they are growing and getting bigger. I have read they start to gain a 1/2 pound a week starting now so hopefully we can get them to 4 pounds which would be wonderful. I have had a very eventful week since I was given some long awaited privileges. I can now take a shower every other day and also can get out of bed to use the restroom. I actually went outside on a wheelchair ride today too! Let me tell you that when you have not taken a shower for 9 weeks it is an amazing feeling one very hard to describe. The wheelchair ride was so great too it felt so good to feel some sun on my face and actually breathe fresh air after being cooped up in a room for 9 weeks you forget what humidity and heat feels  like and I actually miss it which I never thought I would say. It was definitely a challenge to get up and walk for the first time my legs felt very heavy almost like they had fell asleep and I was very unstable but on about the 3rd time to get up I was able to walk without assistance to the bathroom. I have a long road of recovery ahead of me one I did not realize until I actually got up to walk I did not realize how atrophied I would be so am worried about how I am going to handle three new babies, a surgery and no strength all at once?! I know God will get me through and give me what I need each day to make it like he is now. The home stretch is finally here and we have exactly 3 more weeks before birth day and we are getting excited and very anxious. The walls are definitely closing in on me and mentally it is getting harder and harder to muddle through these final days but I am taking it one day at a time and try to just get through one week at a time. Thank you to everyone that has called, emailed, text and come to visit it all means so much and helps me get through each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment